MY FIRST WEEK IN BARCELONA

To begin this post, I want to thank all of you for your encouragement and prayers. I wouldn't be having such a great time without the Lord being with me through every step, and you all for supporting me.

I arrived safely (Praise the Lord!) Tuesday, May 1. I got incredibly blessed from the Lord that I arrived on a holiday. It was Labor Day, so the office was closed, and I was able to rest, unpack, and get familiar with my new home for two months. This is my view from my apartment! 

My first day in the office was last Wednesday! So how it works is we need to be here by 9:15 to start individual study/prayer then group prayer is at 10:00. Wednesday morning the Lord was really speaking to me through 1 Samuel 10. Just reminding me that the Spirit of the Lord will come powerfully on me, I will prophesy and be transformed. I will be able to do whatever will be thrown my way because God is with me! Which was very encouraging on my first day and just what I needed. Praise!

I have two amazing roommates! The one in the picture is Averie, we went to the Magic Fountain show! She is from South Carolina and has been here for six months. Sadly, she is leaving in a week or so to go back home. My other roommate is from Spain! So, she's working at the church and is in University as well. It is very fun just hanging out with them and finding out what they have gotten from this experience!

I am working mostly with their Young Adults ministry called Awaken! They have a service every other week. So, I was able to experience my first Awaken on May 3rd! We also do other things than just service as a group together. We are all going to the movies this week and hiking Montserrat next Saturday! Stay tuned for LOTS of beautiful pictures. I am also attending community groups. Their community groups start late around 8:30 (but really, it's early for them)! I am attending two at the moment just because one is with all young adult women and the other is mixed. Community groups is where I am meeting lots of people and making coffee plans with them the following week! 

I am meeting people from ALL OVER the world! It is absolutely amazing to hear where people are from and why they are in Barcelona. Most of the young adults I'm meeting are here for study in University for a year or so! I have met with and talked with people from Kenya, Brazil, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Canada, Malaysia, South Africa, and so many more! I don't even want to tell you how much coffee I've had since I've been here.. BUT it is all for building relationships! Which means it's okay, right?


Sagrada Familia 
We walk EVERYWHERE! I am definitely getting my exercise in! It only took me a couple days to learn my way around the city.

Luckily, I have not gotten lost yet. I am just now getting familiar with the metro system for longer routes that will take me over an hour to walk.
I have gotten to explore some since I have Mondays and Saturdays off. I've been to the Sagrada FamiliaHospital de la Santa Creu, then Park Güell, which has amazing art by Gaudí there!


Hospital de la Santa Creu







PRAYER REQUESTS:
  • I would love for you to continue to pray for me in building relationships with others here in Barcelona! I am making some beautiful friendships with God right in the center of them!
  • Pray for the young adults here that are going back to their homes soon. Some of my friends are going back to places where their family are not believers. Pray for strength for them to continue to live for God and being an influence on their family members around them.
  • Pray for me as I am getting filled with negative thoughts from the enemy and being discouraged.
I love you all and thanks for keeping up with this amazing opportunity the Lord placed in my hands! 
If you want to send me a letter for the scrapbook I'm making, just contact me and I will give you all of the information! Thank you for those who have been sending me cards filled with encouragement, it means so much to me. 




1 Samuel 10: 6-7 "The Spirit of the Lord will come powerfully on you, you will prophesy with them, and you will be transformed. When these signs have happened to you, do whatever your circumstances require because God is with you."