All The Good Things

The one thing that is almost a requirement for Young Adults is to be adventurous. Which is what I have a rough time doing sometimes.
I am the kind of person who wants to stay on the marked path on a hike. I'm also the kind of person that stresses out if anything could potentially go wrong-or worse, if something did.
But today, I did something that someone my age would typically do (which is a first). But before I tell you what I did, I have to explain.
It snowed. Which is kind of a big deal for where I live, since we do not typically get snow. 
However, it actually did! The people here can barely drive in rain, let alone snow. So I was told by my mother that I was not allowed to drive at all because of the roads and the drivers. 
Guess what I ended up doing..driving. My friend and I wanted to go hammock and see this amazing view at a park. It's already beautiful, but with the snow, even better. 
So, we did. I decided to drive and I was nervous.
We were laughing the whole time and just excited to be something so "adventurous", when it probably wasn't as big of deal as we were making it. 

Anyway, we made it safely and we were all good to go. So we set up the hammock and got situated. And all we did was read poetry.

I can't tell you how much I appreciated that. Spending time with her was already amazing enough. But to do something I love, reading something I love, made it an outstanding time. 
We read each other poetry and just really talked about life. 

I kinda felt inspired after that day, and I just wanted to share the poem I wrote after my day there.

The trees were almost
as beautiful as the snow
I sat there and I thought.

I thought about
how I could be
dead. 

Not literally, but 
Emotionally and
physically. 

But I'm not.
I'm more alive than 
I have ever been.

Not because of
worldly things.
Like, iPhones or
the newest coffee drink.

But because of the impact.
The impact of The Word,
the promises, and the
forgiveness He gives. 

God has not only given
me grace, but he has
given me great friends.

He has provided the
milk and honey. 
All the good things, 
He gave everything.

He loved us,
all of us. 

We can't do anything for
God to stop loving us,
since we never did anything
for God to start loving us.