The "Call"

Nowadays, most Christians struggle with the "call".
The miraculous moment when God speaks to you in a booming voice telling you what He wants you to do with your life.
But the rest of us who doesn't have that moment, then what?
We don't get to go out and become missionaries or pastors? Simply because we weren't "called" to do so?
I believe that maybe having a calling is becoming Americanized. I believe that we as Christians are supposed to go. We are all called to go out and make disciples of all nations. Which is stated in Matthew 28:16.
Can that verse not be our calling?
Tricky question.
In my opinion, I think that even if you do not receive a calling from God, you are still as able to go as anyone else is. If you have your heart and relationship with God in the right place, why not? I believe that if you have a heart for the unreached, hurting, broken, lost people, you should go. If you are meant to go somewhere, God will make it happen.
There will be a way for all who want to go and make disciples of all nations.

This is what I'm wanting to do. I was questioning my "worthiness" of being a missionary. Simply because I never had that calling from God. But I have the heart for it. I have the willingness to go. My heart hurts for those who do not know Jesus. So why couldn't I go? Better yet, the question should be for all of us- why shouldn't we go? What are we going to lose?

We will not lose anything when it comes to following God's plan for our life.

In Isaiah 6:8 it says, "And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, Whom shall I send, who will go for us? Then I said, Here I am! Send me."
God didn't call on Isaiah to go. Isaiah volunteered. Isaiah had the passion to go. Even if he wasn't the most "worthy" to go. God sent Isaiah.

God can send you and me. Whether that may be through a calling, or simply because we ask for it. Ask God to pick you. Trust that God will take care of you.
You never know, that passion you have-it may be God's calling for your life. It's a matter of asking God and being obedient to His answer.