Filling A Void

Definition of void: empty space.
Filling the void is to fill the space left by whatever is empty in your life.
The most common things people tend to fill their voids with are:
  • shopping
  • food
  • alcohol
  • materialistic items
  • a relationship
  • drugs
  • sex
  • parties
  • friends..not the good kind.
What's sad about that list is that most times we all tend to fill things in our lives that does not even include Christ. It's like we know we are doing wrong, we are filling the voids in our life wrong, but we do not seem as if we care. I feel like maybe most of us do not come to Christ when it comes to filling voids is because we want to have "fun". We want to get drunk and not remember the stupid things we did. Or maybe, we just want someone for a night and believe that we can forget about it.
However, the way young people work now are working towards emotional destruction. Destruction towards not only our emotionally state but our spiritual state.
If you read one of the bulleted ways you may be filling your void, I hope you see that it's time to change. It's time to change the bad habits and hurts. If you do not start now, it will not get better.
It makes me so sad to see those who I went to high school with are still doing the same things that ultimately hurts them. It hurts me to see that most are focused on the things of this life when we should be worried about the next life.
I did not write this blog post to make you feel horrible about yourself. I wrote this because I have been there. I find myself automatically trying to fill my void in my life with something I know is not good for me. For me, the void I try to fill is just my self-worth. I want to feel loved and beautiful by someone. However, it always happens to be the wrong someone. I go to the same kind of guy every time because I know for that short period of time- I will feel better. But until recently, it finally clicked that filling a void should be done with the Lord. Filling your void should be done by coming to God and asking for His help through that.   
Or maybe, just stop going back to that group of friends. Stop going back to that one girl or guy who is using you, for all of the wrong reasons. How many voids are you going to try and fill? Quit filling voids with things you do not need to fill them with. 
If you have not noticed by now, the consequences of filling your voids in the wrong way get bigger and bigger every time.

If there is one thing I can stress to you about is this: stop getting people to like you for all of the wrong reasons. Get them to like the Word of God, not your looks, not your body. Get people to like Jesus. That is ultimately what matters in the end. 

Instead of having the mindset of how many people you can get into bed with you? Or, how many people can you get to 'like' your instagram picture to determine your worth? How many times are you going to allow that someone to destroy you emotionally until you can't take it anymore?
Your goal should be: How many people can you disciple and have their every day life centered around God?