What To Expect From God

What is it like to expect from the Lord? Should we expect? If so, what does that look like?
A friend asked me my thoughts on these questions. 

I’ve been pondering what the reasons are on both sides of the question. 
For me, I think it is totally okay to expect from the Lord. What I mean by that is I believe that if we don’t expect God to do things- then where is our faith in Him at?
I think what we should expect from God is blessing if we are obedient to Him. Expecting from God should be a natural thing in our faith. I believe that when expecting from the Lord- healing happens. Miracles happen. 
I believe the Lord will provide when we expect. 

If we don’t come to God with expectations, our prayers may not be fulfilled. If we don’t expect from God, then do we really believe in Him? God has plans for us. All of us. If we don’t expect good things from that or even His plan in general, how are we supposed to fulfill that?

In my opinion, the best way to start expecting from God is through prayer. Pray to the Lord- become confident in your prayers. God already knows what you need. God wants to fulfill what our hearts desire. 
Expect God!
When we expect from God and not others, we can give God all of what is weighing us down. We can expect God to take what is holding us down and set us free from that. He says we can cast all of our anxiety on Him because He cares for us. He cares about our desires, stressors, and even our hurts. 
Do not expect much from people. You can either please God or people. And with people, you never win. Your greatest expectations must be from God- not from your friends, your boss, etc. 

That’s my prayer for you today. Come to the Lord expecting. Expect God to provide when you ask Him too. Expect God to move your family in spiritual ways. Expect God daily, He will provide. 

2 Corinthians 9:8 “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work”