The Lord Failed...

"I immediately felt like I was walking in a tunnel, like the wind had been knocked out of me. I couldn’t think, speak or breathe.  I could barely utter any words to my nurse.  My head was spinning, I felt sick."

My sweet and beautiful friend, Tahleigh Compton was diagnosed with breast cancer, an exact year ago from this day. I wanted to tell her story (of course with her permission) and get a glimpse of how she dealt with this. How she dealt with her sickness as a wife, mother, and a follower of Jesus Christ.

"I kept pushing forward for Hunter, for myself, for Michael and my family.  Deep down I knew that God was there, but it was so hard to keep believing.  I had my church, friends and family praying and encouraging me.  I look back and wonder how I made it through. I still wonder how I’m doing it.  I was so physically sick, weak, exhausted, etc. mentally I was going through hell as well."

Tahleigh was exhausted and still finds herself this way sometimes to this day. After a year of fighting breast cancer, she is now about to start radiation...again. Although this news was so incredibly hard to hear, she keeps her faith and continues to depend on the Lord.

"I mustered up my faith and kept praying.  I knew it was my only hope.  I knew God was in control, but sometimes things don’t go the way we want them to and that is very hard to deal with.  My worst nightmare was my actual life.  At times it felt like a terrible dream and surely I would wake up soon. My advice is to reach out to friends, family, church.  Let people help you.  People wanting to help me felt so good. Even though, no one could make the cancer go away, it was nice to know they cared."

I share this story with you to show that the Lord does not fail. God showed up for Tahleigh and her family. God will continue to show up. However, just like Tahleigh did, you have to keep your faith. Keep your faith strong in the Lord-even when it does not make sense. I promise you, it is so worth it.
God will provide.
God will show up.
Keep your faith.
Pray. Praying to God does not have to be a rehearsed prayer or just a lot of fancy words. Just talk to the Lord. Talk about what's going on and give Him your anxiety. Give him your worries and allow God to take care of the rest.

Each journey for Christ followers are different, but it seems as if we all have the same result. The Lord remains to be faithful.


1 Corinthians 16:13 "Be on your guard, stand firm in the faith, be courageous, and be strong."





This is from December. In this picture is her husband, Michael, Tahleigh, and their son Hunter.
This is Tahleigh and I at church a few months ago!