BARCELONA BROKE MY HEART

ICB & Cedar Lake women's team! 
Barcelona has been nothing but eventful and beyond amazing. I have been building friendships with those who live here, those who are only here for short-term, and those who are just visiting. I feel the Lord truly working through me.

Two weeks ago, I helped host the team that is here from Mississippi. I was able to work with them, guide them around the city, and pray with them. They were here to help us, (International Church of Barcelona) put on a huge women's event! We had a great turn out! Lots of women who never came to church before, came. There was laughter, games, crafts, and intimate/spiritual conversations! This event helped us reach more women who are lost in our city!
 Earlier on in the week, I went on a prayer walk with this team around the city. We went into this area here in Barcelona where is beyond spiritually dark.
Yes, this city is beautiful and sometimes overlooked as a mission’s field. However, last week changed how I will always view Barcelona. Barcelona is lost. Spain is lost. There is no joy in the lives of these hearts.

I walked into this section of the city, literally a couple blocks away from a huge tourist spot, and all I could feel was darkness all around me.
There were women on the streets who stuck. Stuck into something so difficult, I can't even fathom how they are living the way they are.

There were children in the parks, oblivious to what their mom is doing on the other side of the street corner. There were women who were pregnant, drugged out of their minds.

Barcelona is spiritually lost and filled with darkness. But, that is why we are here. Why the team from Mississippi came and having more teams come in. Why ICB is planted in Barcelona, and planning on planting more International Churches. To save these people, to love these people, and to be in this city, for our city.

International Church of Barcelona does partner with some local outreaches for homeless and trafficked women. I was able to meet and hear stories from the people who are leading this amazing outreach right in Barcelona! They are building relationships with the homeless by going to the same spot, the same day of every week, at the same time. 
Les Planes work day fun! 

Out of the week of hosting the Mississippi team, I would say I was able to get to know the city and the people a little more. Through hosting this team, I was able to find lifelong friendships with these women and looking forward to seeing them again! The Lord really spoke to this team, myself included, and I am very excited to see what God does through each of these beautiful women! 

     

PRAYER REQUESTS:

  • In closing this short post, I want you to consistently pray for the women who are trafficked here. Pray for a door to open, a heart to be called to reach these women.
  • Pray for the faces I saw, the children I passed, and the men who seek these women who sadly find their worth through how much they can earn a day.
  • Please keep Cedar Lake Team from Mississippi in your prayers as well. That they will take what they learned here and apply it to their lives. Pray that doors will open in their cities and in their home churches.
  • Pray for me, as I am about to finish this missions trip in Barcelona. That I will continue to trust in the Lord that everything is under control. Pray that I will feel His guidance and His peace the most, especially when I get on my flight home.
Thank you all so much for praying with me and keeping up with me! There will be a blog post soon for more about Barcelona and what I have been up to these last few weeks! Look out for it. 

Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.